Question: Career Guidance
As many of your know, after February 28th I will no longer be with the current company I am with (sad face) and will be moving the new company that acquired our department (even sadder face). As thankful as I am that I have been given the opportunity and will continue to have a paycheck, I am absolutely dreading it. Like it gives me knots in my stomach just thinking about the job. I’m hoping I won’t have to transition over and can find a job elsewhere before March 3.
Here’s my problem/question:
I have my degree in Applied Economics and Business. I have been working in the financial industry, mainly doing default servicing and bankruptcy work for 3 years. I had no intention of working in this industry, but just sorta ended up here out of college because those were the only companies hiring at the time. I’m thinking thinking this might be the perfect opportunity to finally get out of the industry and go in a different direction. Finally figure out what I would enjoy doing.
But here’s the problem…I don’t have a clue as to what I might want to do or which direction to head. Might sound crazy, but I couldn’t tell you what my dream job would be.
I want to learn more about what is out there and what might best fit me. I don’t know where to start looking.
Do you all have any suggestions, ideas, personal experience on where I might be able to find out information about possible career paths, websites, or test type things that would maybe give me insight on what I might enjoy doing?
Any help would be much appreciated!!! I really want to do something different!
I’m getting excited!
Only 2 more days until our camping trip! Lots to get done between now and Friday!
- Put food in crockpot and prep/cook camping meals.
- Stop by my friend Kathy’s house to borrow some camping cookware.
- Organize and pack all of the camping supplies.
- Get eyebrows waxed.
- Gas up my car.
- Fix the handle bars on my bike and put air in the tires.
- Start loading up my car.
- Lunch meeting at 12.
- Pack up the rest of the camping stuff.
- Leave town by 2 or 3.
Sooooo ready for this week to be over so I can enjoy a long weekend away from everything and alone with my man!!
I’ve had a bad day..
and to top it off…
My parents’ dog, Rudy, jumped up on my lap, squatted, and dropped a steaming load of shit on my lap!! The first time he’s ever gone inside the house and he chooses to do it on my lap! My luck…
Is this day over yet? Ugh.
Finally decided on Dave’s Christmas gifts and purchased them. I got him:
- Tickets to the Dropkick Murphy’s concert in March:
- This awesome hat that he has had his eye on:
- A customized coffee mug that describes his coffee relationship oh so well and looks similar to this:
I think he will love his gifts!! The only thing I have left to get for him are some stocking stuffers. :)
· Stopped Whole30 on Day 23. It was by choice. Don’t feel bad at all. Thought it over and made the decision to stop Whole30 now and do 80/20 Paleo from now until January 1. Only thing that I have had that was not Whole30/Paleo was hot chocolate and a little bit of Kerrygold butter on my sweet potato. Nothing too crazy. I have not completely jumped off the wagon. Just don’t feel like being super strict Whole30 right now is completely right for me. But I definitely plan on doing another Whole30 starting January 2 when we start our weight loss challenge at work.
· Just need to survive the next 3 days and then it’s time for the camping trip! We both have off on Friday, so we are planning on heading to St. Augustine in the early afternoon and get the campsite all set up. Looking forward to going to Night of Lights, hanging out by the beach, bike riding, and just spending 3 days alone with Dave. Did I mention that I will be camping by THE BEACH?! Lol It’s supposed to be in the 70s all weekend. Silly Florida December. It hasn’t been since our December trip last year that we have spent more than just a day or two alone together. I am really looking forward to it.
· I have been in a really funky mood this week. I don’t know what it is. Not sure if maybe I am just nearing that time of the month so I am a bit moodier than normal or what? But whatever it is, it’s annoying.
· We are starting to make plans for New Year’s Eve and I think this year we are hoping to get a fun group together, get all fancy, and go out for a nice dinner downtown and find a fun place to hang out the rest of the night. I hope this happens because I have always wanted to get fancy for New Year’s Eve!
· Tonight I am planning on sprucing up my resume for my lunch “meeting” Friday afternoon and then hopefully doing all the food prep and cooking for camping.
· Thought for the day: Love yourself unconditionally. You are the most important thing. You will be with yourself for the rest of your life – make the relationship between you and you the best relationship.
Thanks guys for your concerns and sweet messages/comments from my post last night.
Everything is okay. Nothing bad happened. Nothing is wrong that would jeopardize our relationship. We just had an off night where we were not on the same page. I know he still has confidence issues and that has affected some things with our relationship and I guess sometimes I just get frustrated and take things personally when it really has nothing to do with me. It’s just hard. I know things are slowly getting back to normal and I just need to continue to be patient. It’s hard, but it will be worth it. Just a small bump in the road. Everything can’t be perfect all the time. Just going through a bit of a rough patch and it can be tough not having someone I can talk to about it or vent to from time to time. I was just having an emotional night.
Everything will be just fine…
I’m ugly crying right now.
I am literally sobbing and shaking. It is so not cute. Maybe I take things way too personally, but I don’t know how else to react. I’m getting tired of waiting and being unsure about this one particular thing. I wish there was something I could do to make things better. Relationships can be hard and some days are better than others. But boy can the bad moments really suck! Now I just lay in my bed and cry myself to sleep. :’(