That is how many days are between today and my 27th birthday. There’s still a lot of time to change things.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
• If I put my mind to it, in 210 days, I can transform myself. I can lose 50 pounds or more and become a runner again.
• Guilt-free days will be the key to long term success. I will allow myself ONE meal, not day, each week to satisfy any nagging craving I may have. One meal each week through out the 210 days will equal out to be 30 guilt-free meals. They will be chosen wisely and planned in advance to avoid over indulgence and impulsivity.
• I am kicking off my running plan tomorrow after work. I have a little over 7 months to train for the Gate River Run.
• I want to be able to buy all new and fun outfits for my annual birthday getaway with Dave.
• I know I can do this. I easily completed 90 days of Whole30, this will be almost like doing it twice as long. I can do this. Easy peasey! The first 30 days will be the hardest, but I’m determined to make this work!
• I will weigh in every two to four weeks depending on which I prefer.
• I will be incorporating lots of Whole30, Paleo, and some Primal recipes into my diet. I think the variety will help me from getting bored.
• In 210 days: I would love to lose 50 pounds, drop 3 pants sizes, and be able to run one mile without stopping. I’d say that those are some very realistic and attainable goals!
Be prepared for lots of posts from me during these 210 days. Lots of posts about food, whining, excitement, TMIs, progress, attempting to run, and probably wanting to quit. But just please bear with me and help nudge me along! I could use all the help and support from my wonderful friends here! Love you guys!
Day 3. I feel disgusting.
Yep, I said it. Disgusting. I can definitely feel the weight that I’ve gained from vacation. I’m bloated like crazy and I’m feeling extra lazy. It also doesn’t help that it’s hot as balls outside and walking from my parking garage to my building in work clothes is not pleasant at all. Not the way I want to get my sweat on.
I can’t wait to de-bloat and start losing weight again. I also can’t wait for this Florida humidity to go away. To be completely honest…I’m ready to not be this overweight and out of shape anymore. Eating has been on point and my hangry-ness has decreased and tomorrow my workouts begin. Time to get my shit together and make things happen.
Sorry for the whiney sounding post, but I just had to be honest today.
One happy thing for today: Dave is coming over for dinner and House of Cards tonight! I’m cooking up some chicken sausage and roasted veggies.
Bring on Day 3…
Day 2. The future excites me.
I don’t know what it is, but something has gotten me super excited and motivated about the future. I want to get fit and healthy!
Last week I had the strong urge to set financial goals and this week I have the very strong urge to set fitness and weight loss goals. I really really want to get back into running. I know I say this every few months and then I give up on it, and that may very well be the case this time around. But typically the reason I give up on running is because I expect too much too soon and try to compare my abilities now to my abilities 3 years ago. Well 3 years ago, I was further into my weight loss journey and had been running and working out for 6 months. I can’t compare myself to my old self right now. I just have to start from the beginning.
My ultimate goal is to be in good enough shape to do the 2015 Gate River Run 15k in March. I did it once and I would love to do it again! The race is about 8 months away. I’m literally going to take it one mile at a time. Each month equals another mile. Take it slow to build my endurance and not frustrate myself. Here’s my plan:
• Rest of July: get used to getting outside 4 or 5 times a week, just walk a couple of miles.
• August: Only run a max of 1 mile, 4 or 5 times per week.
• September: Only run a max of 2 miles, 4 or 5 times per week.
• October: Only run a max of 3 miles, 4 or 5 times per week.
• November: Only run a max of 4 miles, 4 or 5 times per week. ***Complete 1st 5k race***
• December: Only run a max of 5 miles, 4 or 5 times per week. ***Complete 2nd 5k race***
• January: Only run a max of 6 miles, 4 or 5 times per week. ***Complete 3rd 5k race***
• February: Only run a max of 7 miles, 4 or 5 times per week. ***Complete Ortega River Run 5 mile race***
• March: Only run a max of 8 miles, 4 or 5 times per week. ***COMPLETE GATE RIVER RUN 15K***
I’m going to start getting my butt outside on an almost daily basis starting Wednesday or Thursday this week!
It’s Day 2 of my Paleo/Whole30 challenge and boy am I still hungry! Can’t wait to make it through the first week!
It’s only 12pm on Day 1 of my Whole30/Paleo challenge and I’ve already devoured my lunch and I’m still hungry. More like hangry. Talk about a major carb crash. My body has gotten addicted to crappy carbs again so the detox is gonna suck this time around.
I should have packed more food. Tomorrow I’m bringing the whole damn fridge with me!
Enough griping. I had a fantastic weekend! Went to Freshfield Farms on Friday, had a really great Saturday night with Dave, went to church and then another young adult church function Sunday night with Dave. It seriously makes my heart burst with happiness to see Dave want to be apart of my church and become more active within the church. I sure do love that man!
Back to the Whole30/Paleo challenge I mentioned. I haven’t really figured out exactly what it is that I’ll be doing. What I do know is that when I cook, it will be Whole30 compliant foods. But when I’m out to dinner or at a function, my food choices will be as Paleo compliant as possible. I need the structure of Whole30, but I also need some of the flexibility of Paleo at this point. My goal is to stick to this until college football season begins (Labor Day weekend), then I reevaluate and go from there.
It’s Day 1. Let’s do this! Happy Monday!! :)
Spent the entire day cleaning and purging stuff from my apartment. Now it’s time for date night with my studmuffin.
Mexican then House of Cards. Perfect.
Ready to spend the evening snuggled up to my studmuffin.
5 things on my mind today…
1. I can’t wait to get to the gym tomorrow morning, do my meal prep this weekend, and start another Whole30 on Monday. I miss structure and routine.
2. My apartment is a mess and it’s driving me crazy. I am spending tomorrow reorganizing as much as possible. Living in such a tiny space is starting to drive me crazy. Can’t wait to move into a bigger space next year.
3. Traveling has been on my mind. I already have a list of places I want to go next: Charleston, Savannah, Asheville/Boone, Nashville, Atlanta, and DC. I want to take trips to these places within the next year or two.
4. Pizza. I’ve been dreaming of pizza ever since we left NY. No wonder I have gained some weight. Sigh. Pizza, you are missed.
5. I suck at balancing my life at times. I need to work on not being such a homebody all the time and hang out with my girlfriends more. I literally spend my week nights alone, in bed, with Netflix. My weekends are usually spent with Dave. Need to work on being social during the week. Adding that to my list of goals.
That’s it. That’s all my brain can handle for today. It’s Friday. Thank goodness!
Have a great day, y’all!
The future has been on my mind a lot recently…
It feels really really good to finally know exactly what I want and have a plan to make it happen!
• Move into a 2 bedroom apartment near the river by May 2015.
• Start saving for the future. Have enough money in savings to live off of for 6 months.
• Get in the best shape of my life by the time I turn 30.
Plan of Action:
• Work on my budgeting habits. Start searching for a place in January.
• Put $400+ in savings each month for the next 3 years. Work on finding a higher paying job.
• Continue with Paleo cooking/eating and get back into the gym. The gym starts Saturday. No excuses.