Day 46. Going through changes.
• Today is my last day at my current job! I am so excited to be done with this job! I start my new job on Monday and I can’t wait! Woot woot!
• I’ve started looking at new apartments lately. I have a couple of places at the top of my list that I plan on checking out tomorrow on my day off! One of right in the heart of downtown and so far it’s my favorite just from what I’ve seen online and heard from people. Can’t wait to see it in person tomorrow! Goal is to move by March.
• Dave and I seem to be going through a rough patch right now and it’s not fun. Ever since he started back with school the other week, it’s turned him into a stressed out grump. Combine that with my frustrations, it’s not good. We keep having lots of little fights and I don’t like it. He needs to take some time and figure his shit out. We both just seem to be very irritable lately due to outside stresses. I’m not worried about it, I know we will get through this like we have everything else. It’s just frustrating and I get emotionally drained.
• I’ve been slacking on my posts lately, but for good reasons. I’ve been super busy being social, working, working towards my future, and sticking with my health plan. I know my posts will be pretty much non-existent for the next few weeks with the job transition and getting used to a new routine. But I’ll still make sure to post a few times each week when I can!
• Plans for my long weekend: Friday- lunch at French Pantry with my mom and apartment tours, Saturday- Gator game with Dave, Sunday- church, meal prep, and possibly shopping for some new work clothes for my first day!
Happy Thursday, y’all! xoxo.
Day 39. Happy Friday to me!
• I know it’s really Thursday, but it’s Friday for me! Super excited for a 4 day weekend!
• After today, I’ll only have 3 days left at my current job! Only 11 days until I start my new job!
• College football starts tonight!!! I’m so excited!! Was planning on going to the Gator game on Saturday, but instead we are going to a “Kickoff Party.”
• Tonight I’m going to Happy Hour at Taverna with some girlfriends. Tomorrow I am driving down to Ormond Beach and spending the day with my childhood best friend! Really looking forward to lots of girl time between tonight and tomorrow!
• I have absolutely zero plans so far for Sunday and Monday. I’m thinking I will be doing lots of meal prep and cooking one of those days. This has been an “off week” eating wise and I need to quickly get back on track before I stray too far.
• It’s hard to say no to eating out more than once per week when one of your best friends is moving to SC in just 3 weeks and you want to hang out as much as possible before she leaves! Luckily my social calendar will calm down dramatically after this weekend and I can get back to just one planned guilt-free meal per week.
• I am finally accepting the fact that I am not perfect and I will not always do everything perfectly and that is okay! Yes, I have the awesome goal to lose weight and stick to my plan of eating perfectly with the exception of one meal per week. But it’s crazy to think that there won’t be weeks where I won’t be able to stick with the plan and it’s okay as long as I’m not too hard on myself and I don’t completely give up!
This post ended up longer than expected…oops! Have a Happy Thursday, y’all!! xoxo.
Day 38. Bad food = unhappy body.
• Today is like my Tuesday and Thursday since I had Monday off and I have Friday off. Woot woot! I love short work weeks!!
• I have my exit interview today at 1:30. Boring. But one step closer to being done with this place and on to the new job!
• I’m so sleepy and sluggish this week. I think it’s from all the unexpected crappy eating this week. This week is filled with dinners out and my body is not happy. I can’t wait for the craziness to calm down next week. I’m making the best possible choices I can while eating out, but I can just feel a difference in the quality and probably amount of sodium in the foods I’m eating. I’m craving healthy, home-cooked, paleo meals! Can’t wait to do some major cooking this weekend!
• College football starts tomorrow! And my Gators take the field on Saturday night! I can’t wait!! Football season is the best season of the year! Bring on SEC football!!
• I am feeling needy this week for some reason. And this week I don’t get to see Dave til Saturday, which will be five days since I saw him last. I know it could always be worse, but I miss my mid-week snuggle time!
I need to get back to work. Have a great day! xoxo
Day 36. Day off.
• I have today off and it’s been glorious. Never take an extra day off from work for granted! I’ve been pretty much free to do whatever I want all day. The only planned thing is a dentist appointment at 4.
• Just treated myself to a mani/pedi with my last DietBet winnings!
• Did my weigh-in for the 6 month DietBet this morning and can’t wait for it to officially begin tomorrow! There’s still time to sign up if you’re interested! (Check out my posts on Friday for more info!)
• Looking forward to my run tomorrow! I definitely need some good physical activity!