Day 39. Happy Friday to me!
• I know it’s really Thursday, but it’s Friday for me! Super excited for a 4 day weekend!
• After today, I’ll only have 3 days left at my current job! Only 11 days until I start my new job!
• College football starts tonight!!! I’m so excited!! Was planning on going to the Gator game on Saturday, but instead we are going to a “Kickoff Party.”
• Tonight I’m going to Happy Hour at Taverna with some girlfriends. Tomorrow I am driving down to Ormond Beach and spending the day with my childhood best friend! Really looking forward to lots of girl time between tonight and tomorrow!
• I have absolutely zero plans so far for Sunday and Monday. I’m thinking I will be doing lots of meal prep and cooking one of those days. This has been an “off week” eating wise and I need to quickly get back on track before I stray too far.
• It’s hard to say no to eating out more than once per week when one of your best friends is moving to SC in just 3 weeks and you want to hang out as much as possible before she leaves! Luckily my social calendar will calm down dramatically after this weekend and I can get back to just one planned guilt-free meal per week.
• I am finally accepting the fact that I am not perfect and I will not always do everything perfectly and that is okay! Yes, I have the awesome goal to lose weight and stick to my plan of eating perfectly with the exception of one meal per week. But it’s crazy to think that there won’t be weeks where I won’t be able to stick with the plan and it’s okay as long as I’m not too hard on myself and I don’t completely give up!
This post ended up longer than expected…oops! Have a Happy Thursday, y’all!! xoxo.
Day 38. Bad food = unhappy body.
• Today is like my Tuesday and Thursday since I had Monday off and I have Friday off. Woot woot! I love short work weeks!!
• I have my exit interview today at 1:30. Boring. But one step closer to being done with this place and on to the new job!
• I’m so sleepy and sluggish this week. I think it’s from all the unexpected crappy eating this week. This week is filled with dinners out and my body is not happy. I can’t wait for the craziness to calm down next week. I’m making the best possible choices I can while eating out, but I can just feel a difference in the quality and probably amount of sodium in the foods I’m eating. I’m craving healthy, home-cooked, paleo meals! Can’t wait to do some major cooking this weekend!
• College football starts tomorrow! And my Gators take the field on Saturday night! I can’t wait!! Football season is the best season of the year! Bring on SEC football!!
• I am feeling needy this week for some reason. And this week I don’t get to see Dave til Saturday, which will be five days since I saw him last. I know it could always be worse, but I miss my mid-week snuggle time!
I need to get back to work. Have a great day! xoxo
Day 36. Day off.
• I have today off and it’s been glorious. Never take an extra day off from work for granted! I’ve been pretty much free to do whatever I want all day. The only planned thing is a dentist appointment at 4.
• Just treated myself to a mani/pedi with my last DietBet winnings!
• Did my weigh-in for the 6 month DietBet this morning and can’t wait for it to officially begin tomorrow! There’s still time to sign up if you’re interested! (Check out my posts on Friday for more info!)
• Looking forward to my run tomorrow! I definitely need some good physical activity!
Day 33. Happy Fridayyy!!
1. I ended up winning $53.17 from my DietBet! I’m super happy about that! I reinvested the money towards my next DietBet, which will last 6 months! I think I can lose 10% (hopefully more) in 6 months! If you’re interested in signing up, check out my previous post!
2. I’m SO ready for the weekend! I have Monday off and I plan on enjoying a 3 day weekend! Dave and I are going to dinner at Olio tonight, going to a pool party tomorrow night, and taking a cooking class on Sunday night! It should be a fun weekend!
3. I have already started looking at apartments online (that was quick, huh?). I just want to get an idea of the price range for apartments that have everything I want and I have already fallen in love with quite a few places in my area. I would move next month, but I need to stick to my plan and save for about 6-8 months before I move into a bigger place. Boo adulting! lol
4. I’m finally going to buy a full length mirror for my apartment. This is a big deal. For the past 2 years I have been avoiding any and all reflective surfaces when possible. I have hated myself that much that I have refused to look at myself in the mirror. Sad. So I’m going to make a change and try to improve how I see myself and the first step is buying a full length mirror. No more just looking at myself from the shoulders up. Time to see myself for who I am and hopefully start to see improvements in myself both mentally and physically.
5. I’m getting the itch to travel again. I can’t seem to go more than a couple months without a trip somewhere, even if just a day trip. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it til February when we go somewhere for my birthday. Maybe I can talk Dave into taking a cheap weekend trip somewhere nearby in the month or two.
Hope you all have a fabulous day!! xoxo