Day 12. Happy August!!!
• Let the busy and exhausting month begin! There is seriously something going on almost every single day this month and I still have to find time to do meal prep and run. This month will be quite the test!!
• I’ve started incorporating some dairy into my diet in the form of organic, grass-fed cheese. I only have it like once or twice a week, but it’s a great way to add flavor to a dish and it doesn’t bother me. I am still sticking to the other Paleo principals of keeping my diet free of processed foods, grains, legumes, soy, alcohol, processed sugars. I’m also only eating high quality proteins and fats, and lots of fruits and vegetables!
• Dave starts the Tour de Pain tonight at the beach! The 4 mile beach run starts at 7. We are meeting up and riding out to the beach together and then grabbing dinner at M Shack afterwards! I love the M Shack Crossfit/Paleo burger! So good! Since we won’t be eating dinner until like 8:30/9, I have packed some beef jerky and a Larabar for me to munch on after work and during the race.
• I realized this morning how thankful I am that I decided to do a Whole90 at the beginning of the year. Because of that 90 days, it truly made jumping back into Paleo so much easier. I honestly am not struggling at all. I know it’s only day 12, but it feels like second nature. Only the first 3 days were rough and that was mainly due to my body detoxing all the crap I had been eating. I’m so glad I decided to do that Whole90 in February and I’m so glad I’ve decided to do this new challenge! I feel great!
• My goals for August: stick to my eating plan, lose about 8-10 pounds, start running, work up to running one mile, and run a total of 20 miles. That is it. Keeping it simple.
Happy Friday, y’all! :)
"Trust me it can get overwhelming but your eating plan and running schedule should take precedence. Your goals are most important. It’s hard to say no but you’ll easily drown if you don’t. We will get this all figured out and you’ll be fine. Just breathe. Love you."
Yep. He’s pretty great. He knows exactly what to say to calm me down. The craziness of August is really starting to stress me out. Way too much going on. I was about to have a panic attack via email and he could sense it.
He’s definitely a keeper.❤️
Day 11. My mind is going crazy.
• August is TOMORROW. Yikes. August stresses me out every year. I’m already overwhelmed and it’s not even here yet. August is always so busy and it always makes me broke. So many birthdays and so many social gatherings!
• My priority for August is going to be my goals. Starting up my running plan and sticking to Paleo. Dave and I are going to sit down and plan out the month and figure out which social events we are okay with not attending. We need to find a balance.
• Would it count if I did my first “August” run tonight? I won’t be able to start tomorrow or Saturday due our hectic schedule. I figured I could run tonight and then on Sunday. I think that’s what I’m gonna do, as long as the weather cooperates tonight.
• Dave starts night classes again in a little over 3 weeks. I’ve really enjoyed the extra time we’ve been able to spend together this summer while he didn’t have class. It’s gonna suck getting back into the routine of only seeing him on the weekend. But it will all be okay and I’ll just be that much more excited for the weekends!
• We went to a Sharknado 2 watching party last night and it was a lot of fun! I successfully avoided all the sweets. I avoided the shark cupcakes (posted on Instagram), chocolate chip cookies (ugh!), and a chocolate torte (sooooo hard!)!!! I made sure to eat before I went and that kept me from eating something I shouldn’t. Go me!
So, that was a whole bunch of random! Can you tell that my mind is all over the freakin place?!
Happy Thursday, y’all! :)
Day 10. Wednesday’s Thoughts.
• I feel better and better each and every day. It seriously still amazes me how much the food that you choose to put into your body can affect the way you feel! No eating crap=not feeling like crap. That should be a no brainer, but that’s not always the case.
• August is almost here and it’s making me nervous. I promised myself to start running again in August and with August just being 2 days away, it makes me anxious. The hardest part will be just getting out the door. My first run probably won’t be til Sunday, but my first will happen this weekend!
• Dave is doing the Tour de Pain this Friday and Saturday. I’m going to be hot and tired just being out there to support him. It’s 3 races in less than 24 hours. There’s a Friday 4 mile beach run at 7pm, 5k on Saturday at 7am, and then the mile sizzler at 4:30pm downtown. I’m so proud of all the training and hard work he’s put into this!
• We are going to dinner at The Capital Grille on Saturday night for my Dad’s birthday! Can’t wait! This will definitely be my guilt-free meal of the week! Yum!
• I did a lot of cooking last night and all my meals for the next 5 days are completely prepped and cooked! No excuses to not eat well! The tricky part will be finding the time to do more meal prep this weekend for next week. I’ll have to try to think of some good crock pot recipes!
• Oh! And how could I forget! College football season begins in less than 30 days!!! Bring it on! Can’t wait for some SEC football!
That’s pretty much all that’s on my mind today! Hope you all have a kickass day!! :)