Saturday, April 19, 2014
Decorated Easter eggs with Dave and my Mom. 🐰😊
Friday, April 18, 2014
Such a gloomy day in Jacksonville, but still good enough weather for a long walk. Happy Saturday! ☁️🚶👍
Thursday, April 17, 2014
The Good Friday Five.
Happy Good Friday!!
• I had a great time at the Corporate Run last night! There were about 4,000-5,000 people from different companies doing the race. I didn’t have any goal time other than to just finish, whether walking the whole thing or walking/running. The weather turned crappy when it started. It got “cold” and very windy and it also started to rain a bit. Definitely not ideal weather but it was still a good time. I mostly walked it and threw in a few running intervals from time to time when it wasn’t too crowded. I ended up finishing around 50 minutes. Not great, but I finished. I think this race is just what I needed to give me the kick in the butt to get back into running. I think I have found my motivation! I am so out of shape, it’s not even funny. Time to get my butt in gear.
• It’s Easter weekend!! I love Easter. I love the meaning of Easter, going to church, all the pretty spring colors and Easter dresses, and spending time with family. Dave and I are splitting time between my family and his. We are going to dinner and then decorating Easter eggs with my parents tomorrow night. Sunday we are going to church and brunch with my parents and then driving out to Lake City to spend the afternoon and have Easter lunch with his family!
• OMG who watched Scandal last night!? That was some crazy stuff!!
• I’m on Day 56 of my Whole90 (34 days left!) and I have been thinking a lot about what will happen after Day 90. Here is what I am thinking will happen: I plan on bringing my own Paleo food with me on our mountain/white water rafting trip right after I complete Whole 90 (Memorial Day weekend), once we get back from that trip I will do another Whole30 right before Dave and I go to NY for 10 days. In NY, I hope to make the most Paleo food choices that I can, but I am not going to say no to NY bagels and pizza. Nope. Lol. I really think I can make this my lifestyle. I feel like it is becoming second nature at this point. I don’t crave anything and I automatically pass on party food and office food without hesitation. Things are going very well and it makes me happy!
• Because I am obsessed with countdowns: 35 days until our mountain/rafting trip, 56 days until the Florida Country Superfest, and 69 days until NY!!
We are ready for the Corporate Run! #friends #beactive #run #race 🏃👍😊
Got our team shirts, race shirts, & bibs for tonight’s Corporate Run! 😬😬🏃
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Throwback to April of 2011: My first trip to Savannah. Clearly we were having a good time! Our first picture together & I didn’t even know his name. Don’t think I figured out his name until about a week later. haha! 😊😍
Monday, April 14, 2014
· I am dressing bright and springy despite the nasty rainy weather that is outside.
· Holy crap my calves are killing me today! They are so sore and tight. I guess going down 21 floors of stairs in heels will do that! I’m awkwardly trying to stretch them out at my desk. Hope the soreness goes away before the Corporate Run 5k on Thursday after work. (Won’t really matter because I’m gonna die anyways. Lol)
· I’ve been somewhat in a funk ever since Saturday night. Guess I am still a bit frustrated after what happened. But I am really happy that Dave has his final for his class tomorrow and will have the summer off from classes. I’m looking forward to seeing him during the week from time to time for the next few months.
· I am getting really excited for this weekend and Easter (it’s like one of my favorite holidays). I’m going shopping today after work for a possible Easter dress and for stuff for Dave’s Easter basket. Dave and I will be having dinner with my parents Saturday night and going to church with them Sunday morning before going out to his Aunt and Uncle’s house in Lake City for Easter lunch with his family.
· It’s Day 53 of my Whole90 and I am still feeling great and going strong! I have been receiving a lot of compliments lately about how people can notice the changes in my body and also about how dedicated I am with sticking to it. It has been nice to receive the compliments and know that people notice and are proud of me.
· I really do feel like I am at a really good place in my life right now (for the most part). I am focused on my health and doing well at sticking to my goals, I am going back to church regularly and becoming stronger in my faith, my relationship with Dave is always getting stronger, and I am happy. Yes, I have rough days and I am not happy all the time, but overall things are really good and I am happy. It feels really good.
Life is definitely good.
"Willpower is the ability to delay immediate gratification in the name of long-term goals. Think of it as self-regulation—more simply, resisting temptation. Our brains want to take the path of least resistance to whatever reward is lurking right around the corner. It’s easier (and more rewarding) to sit on the couch watching Game of Thrones than it is to pick up the house. It’s tastier (for the first few bites) to eat the cookies now and worry about your diet later. It feels better (in the moment) to snap at your boss for taking credit for your idea, rather than biting your tongue and waiting for the right time to broach the subject."
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Fire alarm at 7:35 in the morning, down 21 floors in a super hot & stuffy stairwell, in heels. You’ve got to be kidding me!? Yea I’m done for the day…thank you Monday.
The plus side…I got a good sweat in to start the day.
I chose the wrong day to wear heels. My feet are dying and it’s not even 8am.
Can I go home now?
Successfully made Paleo Bacon Carbonara from @brittany_angell for one of my meals for the week and it turned out soooo good! Another great recipe to add to my weekly meal rotation! 😍😍😍