I know it’s late and no one will probably read this, but I just want to say that tonight was just all sorts of perfect! I’m seriously grinning from ear to ear. Best date night we’ve had in a long time!
We decided to implement a “no cell phone” rule for the entire length of date nights and that was the best decision ever. We had each other’s complete and undivided attention all night! I think we connected on a different level, and talked about things we normally wouldn’t talk about.
Heck, we even discussed marriage and our future. If you know me, that’s huge. I normally dodge that subject, but tonight I was completely comfortable talking about it. We are approaching 3 years together (dang, time flies!!), so obviously it’s something that needs to be discussed. It was nice to hear him say that he wants to marry me. It’s also nice to be on the same page. We want to wait awhile before we take that next step. He wants to reach some career goals first and I want to meet some goals of my own and enjoy living on my own for a couple more years. It will happen when it’s supposed to happen, no point in rushing it!
I think these monthly date nights are the best thing for us. I really enjoy having time specifically dedicated to us and our relationship. It’s helping us stay connected and reconnecting us when needed. I feel even closer to him after tonight.
Boy, oh boy, do I love this man or what!?
Happy Happy Friday!!
• I am feeling great after just 5 days of being back on track! I feel so much better mentally and physically!
• I have decided that I am coming into work tomorrow morning. I am literally drowning in work, so I figured I should work tomorrow morning to hopefully make a dent in my work! I’m already at 15 hours of OT for the week, so if I work about 4-5 hours tomorrow, I’ll hit the 20 hour max. (Next paycheck will be ballin’!)
• I’m so excited for date night tomorrow! I feel like it’s been forever since we have had some quality time alone! And he will be gone to CA next weekend for work…so who knows when I’ll see him next! :(
• Apartment hunting is in full swing and while it makes me super excited, it’s also quite stressful. It’s hard deciding what kind of place I want and where in Jacksonville I want to live. There are so many pros and cons to all my options and I can’t seem to make up my mind! Luckily I am currently month-to-month so I am not in a rush to move and hopefully I’ll just know when I’ve found the right place!
• I need a vacation. I need to get out of town for a few days! I wish I had a place in mind and someone to go with…I’m itching to travel!
Sorry that my post wasn’t all that exciting or filled with health/weightloss updates, but this is what my life pretty much consists of right now. Just taking things one day at a time! Happy Friday y’all! :)
aallyoop said: hi!!!!!!! missed you!!
Hiiiii Ally!!! I’ve missed you too! I have some major catching up to do on your’s and everyone else’s blogs!
Love you all!! xoxo!
weareimprobable said: Hey Courtney,You haven't been posting in a while! Is everything ok? S.
Hey! Aw thanks for checking in on me! I’m doing well, I have just been super duper busy adjusting to the new job and trying to manage my busy schedule! I’m going to try my best to get back to posting more regularly! I’ve missed y’all! :)
Yes, I am alive!!
Hey y’all! It’s been awhile since I’ve actually written an actual post. I apologize for being so MIA, but as some of you know, this new job is kicking my butt (in a good way)! Today marks the beginning of my 3rd week at the new job and I can honestly say that I love it so far! The people are great, my boss is great, and I’m constantly learning and being challenged! I’m currently doing mandatory OT and working about 60 hours a week. I get to the office some mornings before 6am and some days I don’t leave until 7:30pm. So obviously, work is pretty much taking up all of my time.
Not only is work taking up my time, but I seem to have an extra busy social calendar lately. I’m not sure why the sudden changes to my social calendar, but I’m not complaining. I’ve seriously been so busy that I haven’t even seen very much of Dave. It’s been a bit frustrating how much our schedules are conflicting lately, but we will figure it out. Thank goodness this coming Saturday night is date night! Perfect timing, since Dave leaves on his first work trip to CA next week.
Last week was AWFUL for me food wise. I think I ate at a restaurant every day last week, thanks to social gatherings and a few farewell dinners for friends. My body was not too happy. I did all my meal prep last night for this week. No eating out for me this week until date night! Time to go back on lockdown until February.
To be completely honest, I haven’t read a single post on my dash in over a month, so PLEASE fill me in on any big news I may have missed! I am going to try my best to get back to reading my dash and posting more frequently.
My lunch break is almost over, that means back to work for me! Happy Monday y’all!! xoxo.